Sunday, November 11, 2007

 
Oops I Missed the 40 Year Reunion - Cancer Got in the Way

Well, I missed the 40 year reunion. I can't say it was an accident. We planned to see our daughter in Seattle and it just so happened that the dates coincided.

My wife did not feel well for most of the trip, and soon after we got back she went to the doctor and was subsequently diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Our lives have not been the same since.

She has undergone three chemo cycles over the past few monthe and major surgery last week. Results of the surgery are good. It is my prayer that she recover and be fully healed. Signs as of right now point towards that. Praise Jesus.

In the mean time, our reunion seemed to be somewhat lacking in attendance and maybe lacking in fun.

I've heard from of of my favorites, Jo Nell, and she did not go either. June just seems the wrong time for a high school reunion.

One of the things I was going to do was to update my website: http://www.waltersinsight.com/index.html with more thrilling insights into high school. Specifically, I was going to develop content on the usefulness of my high school learning, a serious examination and i was going to develop humorous - at least to me - content about all my high school sweethearts. Then I got to thinking, with what is going on in my life, why waste time on high school? As you can see, I've lost a lot of my sense of humor over the past few months. Maybe I'll get it back some day.

Is anyone out there?
If you read this, leave a remark.


Comments:
Walter,
Iam so very sorry for your loss. I hope that your memories and your faith will bring you comfort.
your friend, sherry
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?