Thursday, April 20, 2006

 
Turning 30
I'm 57 years old now. Who can recall turning 30. I'll try to remember. These are the facts: I was living in Clear Lake City, my daughter was 2-1/2 years old, I was about to celebrate my 8th wedding anniversity. All true, but what do I recall? I'll bet I rocked my daughter and went out with my wife and was very happy. But I don't recall. I'm sure I got presents. And a funny card. At work, it was a time in which I was very unhappy - as usual. I was going nowhere and had no control over what was happening to me. A constant problem for , oh about 57 years. Six months after turning 30, I would leave the company I was working for at the time, Amoco Chemicals, and start working for Mobil. Another fact. But not a memory. I do remember a lot about the kidney stone episode - maybe I was 30. Boy, did that hurt. The kidney stone. And the whole thing was very funny. Oh well. I do remember when I was 57. I guess that is a plus.
You know, it realy does not help that there are no seasons in Texas, just hot. No way to link time to weather changes. In just a couple of years, I'll turn 60. two times 30. Oh poot. So if you are turning 30, write something down, Put it in a scrapbook or a diary or journal. Whatever you do, don't blog about turning 30.


Comments:
I can't yet.

You know. Since I'm not 30.

Holy Moley! Ryan finished the novel he's been working on for two years!! And it's actually really good!

Anyway, see ya soon!

Makin' it in Savannah
Jessie-Lynn
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?