Sunday, March 05, 2006

 
Academy Awards

This is normally a night in which the Jones family enjoys the academy awards. We are not watching this year. We have always liked movies. Usually we have seen many if not most of the nominated shows. Not this year. My wife is clearly disappointed that Hollywood has turned into a pack of elitist , cynical snobs that hate this country and hate most of the people in it and what we believe. Too bad. I think it will take several years of low audience and falling revenues before the thick heads realize that you can't constantly bite the hand that feeds you.




Comments:
My reasons for not watching the Oscars are similar, but not the same. I was downright insulted by what they did to them last year. Chris Rock I can forgive ... No, it was the rushing through the categories and even not letting a lot of the "less desirables" get their awards on stage, or even give proper thanks.

I've always very strange for being young. Even when I was a young kid watching the Oscars I wanted to see everyone get their moment in the spotlight. It was only fair, and what those sound effect folks, makeup artists, art directors, and cinematographers did was JUST as important as the actors and directors!

I was so angry in early high school when they moved a lot of the scientific categories to another night with a different ceremony. And last year was just the last straw. Half of the people recieving awards didn't even get to go to the stage. All that mattered was moving the show at a faster pace.

To me the whole several process was always worth the wait ... even though Mom was always trying to get me to go to bed on time. It's just so sad to me to see people who deserve credit losing it on the ONE NIGHT a year that they used to be allowed to gain recognition.

Very sad.

Makin It In Savannah
Jessie-Lynn
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?